In this episode, Host Jen Mills expresses her frustration with the current slow off-season, especially for football fans, and highlights the lack of news and activities on social media. She does, however, suggest that there are other sports to distract oneself with, such as baseball and hockey. The highlight of the episode is the upcoming draft, which Jen believes will be very exciting and open to debate. She even hints at the possibility of another giveaway like the one she had last year. Jen also mentions Austin Eckler’s contract situation and expresses her gratitude to the fans who pledged donations to his foundation based on her pledge to donate $100 for every touchdown he scored during the regular season. She also mentions that she tried to keep everyone honest and contacted them to remind them to fulfill their pledge, and that she, along with two other fans, made the donation to his foundation. She expressed her disappointment at not being able to present the check to Eckler in person. Overall, this episode is a mix of frustration and gratitude, highlighting the slow off-season but also the generosity and community of football fans.
Watch Full Interview:
- Mills on the Mic Podcast Is Slow During the Off-Season.
- Mills Suggests Other Sports Can Be a Distraction for Football Fans.
- The Draft Is at the End of April, and There’s a Lot of Debate About Who the Team Should Pick.
- Jen Is Considering Doing Another Jersey Giveaway for Fans Who Correctly Guess the Draft Pick.
- Austin Eckler Slander.
- Pledge to Donate $100 to Eckler’s Foundation for Every Touchdown Made.
- Many Fans Made Pledges and Donated to Eckler’s Foundation.
- Honesty About Pledges.
- The Donation Made to Eckler’s Foundation With Two Other Fans.
Connect With Jen on Twitter: